KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Dashboard vs Admin panel #3110

Closed Eugene opened this topic on on Jul 30, 2023 - 2 comments

Eugene commented on Jul 30, 2023

Hi, I am a bit confused with sabj.

You said: "Admin Panel is a special part of Dashboard Framework" but as I see you use absolutely different approach to show, for example, tables in the Dashboard and the Admin panel.

In the Admin panel, you don't use the dashboard-widget structure. Is it correct if I say that the Admin panel approach is used to get the possibility to edit the data using the Resource object and I don't need to use a Dashboard object in this case? But still, can I also use Dashboard and Widgets in the Admin panel pages if I don't need to edit data?

KoolReport commented on Jul 31, 2023

Well, admin panel does use the dashboard-widget, however it is extended from normal dashboard. As you can see the Resource class of admin panel is actually extended from Dashboard class. In admin panel, we add more functionalities to let devs instantly manage a resource (a table in database).

And of course, you can add normal widget to Admin Panel. There are two places which are on top and at bottom of the main admin panel table. In our example, we did add some Metric widget at top of admin panel resource.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Eugene commented on Jul 31, 2023

Thanks. Everything is clear.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed
solved

Dashboard