KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

DataTables: language and options ignored on server #470

Open ES opened this topic on on Sep 18, 2018 - 7 comments

ES commented on Sep 18, 2018

Hello,

I've some problems with DataTables. If I use it local with xampp under Windows, everything is fine. But if I copy the same files to my application server (Linux), the "options" parameter of DataTables is ignored:

"language"=>"de",
	"options"=>array(
		"paging"=>true,
		"colReorder"=>true
	),

If I use the language parameter, the DataTable isn't shown (there is no error message) and if I delete the language parameter the DataTable is shown (with data), but the options parameter ist ignored.

I think there is a configuration issue, but which one???

Best regards.

KoolReport commented on Sep 19, 2018

Hi ES, I have told dev.team to investigate this issue. I will keep you update.

ES commented on Sep 30, 2018

Hi, do you have any update for me?

David Winterburn commented on Oct 1, 2018

Hi there,

Can you please set up an online link to your page with this problem and send us the link? Thanks!

David Winterburn commented on Oct 3, 2018

Hi there,

Regarding the language option on your Linux server, please open the folder "koolreport/packages/datagrid/languages" and change all the language file name exactly (case sensitively) to DataTables.<language>.json. For example, for German it would be DataTables.de.json. I think there are some files with lowercase name like Datatable which would make case sensitive server like Linux to miss them.

By the way, please add the following command to the beginning of your page to show any error (if there is):

error_reporting(E_ALL);

Thanks!

KoolReport commented on Oct 3, 2018

You are right! That's our mistake. It has been fixed and ready for next version.

ES commented on Oct 3, 2018

Thank's! I renamed the file Datatables.de.json to DataTable.de.json. It's the same as before, no datatable is visible. There are no errors (I use error_reporting(E_ALL)).

KoolReport commented on Oct 4, 2018

Could you please use the browser inspect tools to see if there is any error at client-side. Is this possible that I could access the page.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

DataGrid