KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

Installation Mac OSX Help #2778

Open Michael opened this topic on on Aug 2, 2022 - 15 comments

Michael commented on Aug 2, 2022

I am trying to install/setup kool reports on my MacBook m1 with xampp. I think I have everything installed correctly but when I load the website I see no results. my database name is tonuzi_getty and table name Getty. the two fields im selecting are subject and license_fee. the report should show me the total license_fee for each subject. I can run a query in GUI that works, but I cant seem to get it to work on a website. this is the query in GUI:

SELECT Subject, SUM(License_Fee) as Gross, COUNT(DISTINCT(Event_Combined)) as Total_Sale, SUM(License_Fee)/COUNT(DISTINCT(Event_Combined)) as Result FROM Getty GROUP BY Subject ORDER BY Gross DESC

screenshots are of my installed and code I replicated from your YouTube video. I dont see where the koolreport/widgets folder is installed.

KoolReport commented on Aug 2, 2022

If you open the folder "vendor", is there any subfolder like "koolreport". It suppose to look like this:

|-vendor
  |-koolreport
    |-core
      |- autoload.php

If you don't see it, please use composer to install by command "composer update" from folder "get-started".

Also, please tell me if there is any error showing.

thanks, see attached, I did that and no change when I try to load the site.

Is there any error showing? Let try to put error_reporting(E_ALL); on top of index.php and let see if there is error showing.

Oh I see, you register "automaker" as the datasource but then you use "tonuzi_getty" instread.

Let do this:

$this->src("automaker")->...

I put the error_reporting(E_ALL); in the index.php, nothing shows up. the database name is tonuzi_getty thats why I changed automaker to tonuzi_getty. I tred putting automaker in the datasources and scr, still nothing. I also tried putting tonuzi_getty in both, nothing. did u see the file structure? do I need to add ../ to any of the statements where its looking for the KoolReport folder?

KoolReport commented on Aug 3, 2022

Could you please capture the screen of report in browser. Please capture whole screen including the url.

Michael commented on Aug 3, 2022

This?

Sebastian Morales commented on Aug 4, 2022

Pls try to use these commands at the beginning of your index.php page:

ini_set('display_errors', '1');
ini_set('display_startup_errors', '1');
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Another option is to open your php.ini file, find and set display_errors to "on":

display_errors = on

Then let us know if there's any error/warning/notice message. Tks,

Michael commented on Aug 4, 2022

its working! the error was a typo in the class name, SMH. now the only error I have is in the attached image. that shows up on top of the table.

Sebastian Morales commented on Aug 5, 2022

This error is because the report could not find its view file which should be in format {report_class_name}.view.php. For example, if you have a SalesReport class, it should in a SalesReport.php (not SaleReport.php) file and has a SalesReport.view.php (not SaleReport.view.php) file. Rgds,

Michael commented on Aug 5, 2022

hmmmm I thought that was the case but when I make the names match I get an error:

Parse error: Unmatched ')' in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/get-started/salesreport/SaleReport.view.php on line 11

BTW im going to upgrade to Pro

David Winterburn commented on Aug 5, 2022

Would you please post the content of SaleReport.view.php for us to check it for you? Thanks!

Michael commented on Aug 5, 2022

got it... stupid extra ) gonna start to mess with more stuff... im sure ill have more Q's. ty!

David Winterburn commented on Aug 5, 2022

Always welcome, Michael.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
help needed

None