KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

What is NoSQL database supported? #1933

Open Richb201 opened this topic on on Feb 28, 2021 - 4 comments

Richb201 commented on Feb 28, 2021

I allow users to store images. I have 2 types: the full document and a thumbnail of the first page. I see that AWS has something called Amazon DocumentDB which has "MongoDB compatibility". Has anyone successfully used this with Koolreport?

KoolReport commented on Mar 1, 2021

We supported MongoDB as NoSQL database.

Richb201 commented on Mar 1, 2021

What is a best practice? I will have lots of thumbnails that appear in my reports. I am on AWS so I have access to dynamodb (and also s3) neither of which koolreport supports. Right now I keep the images on disk, but this will not work in my case. One idea is to put them in dynamodb and bring them back to my disk when needed, but I am concerned about speed. These thumbnails are small (largest is 731kB). I am also hoping to make the storage of these economical. Any suggestion?

Richb201 commented on Mar 1, 2021

One more question, and I am hoping you will answer. I think I will be storing the thumbnails in mysql as blobs. Will I be able to display these in reports?

David Winterburn commented on Mar 3, 2021

Hi,

You could display your thumbnail directly by converting it to base64 and use it as img data src:

https://www.w3docs.com/snippets/html/how-to-display-base64-images-in-html.html

How do you access your DynamoDB (request type, authentication)? You could extend KoolReport's basic DataSource class and implement your access to DynamoDB to make it work with KoolReport. Please check our file MongoDataSource.php, ApiDataSource.php, RestfulDataSource.php for example. Thanks!

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None