KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

DashBoard: reset password, create new Account Missing Pages #1862

Open george quinones opened this topic on on Jan 23, 2021 - 7 comments

george quinones commented on Jan 23, 2021

I am trying to add a few pages

first I am modifying the ligin page with a link for reset password and add account. It works when I use stand alone pages, but not with the pages i added as an extension

so I added ResetPassword in dashboard/pages and resetpassword and view to amazing directory

add entries to app.js resetPaswordPage: {

resetPassword: function (event) {
        event.preventDefault();
        showLoader();
        KoolReport.dashboard.contact("App/ResetPassword", "ResetPassword", {
            email: $("#resetPasswordPage #email").val()
        });
        return false;
    },
    logout: function () {
        showLoader();
        KoolReport.dashboard.contact("App/Login", "logout");
    }
},

but it does not work as expected.

I still need to add the password rest email , a password change landindg page ;/

I also want to create a create account page

george quinones commented on Jan 23, 2021

at this point the product is unfinished. it is been offered as a stand alone product

I can implement the actual registration, reset

But I need a working skeleton to implement the needed features

KoolReport commented on Jan 24, 2021

I have talked to dev.team and received their answer:

When we built Dashboard, we were wondering whether we should build the Register/Password Forgot and so on but seems the register form is varied too much. Some need simple like email, password, others need more detail information like address and specific business information. Eventhough register is simple but due to variation, it will be very complex for us to construct while our resource is limited and should concentrate on other highly important part like dashboard itself, data processing, widgets...

So...we actually want to leave the login/register/forgot password to developers to do in his own way. For example, you can build a set pages of login and register of yourself (outside of dashboard). User can go to to your own page to login and then after login you can start the dashboard with user information like this:

App::create()
->user(
    User::create()
    ->name("John")
    ->id(2)
    ->roles(["user","admin"])
)
->run();

The process of login/register has become basic part of any web development so it is not hard to build one. We decided to spend more time now on the content of dashboard.

Hope my explanation helps .

george quinones commented on Jan 24, 2021

I understand how the login page works and have implemented my own user management / social login

but the issue that have arisen u overwrote my changes when 1.3.1 was released.

Why only implement a login page framework and leave the associated page framework missing

I am aa developer and spend a few hours trying to implement a ResetPassword, but failed to be able to use your mixed js, session usage, page navigation

george quinones commented on Jan 24, 2021

Your documentation is lacking in these areas.

luigi panniello commented on Mar 30, 2022

Is it possible to have a working example starting from login including registration and password recovery? It would be a good starting point that everyone could subsequently implement by integrating with any additional fields..

luigi panniello commented on Apr 3, 2022

??

GHSix commented on Jul 28, 2022

O would like to know how to implement it as well.

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
None yet

None