KoolReport's Forum

Official Support Area, Q&As, Discussions, Suggestions and Bug reports.
Forum's Guidelines

How to avoid settings method in Forum topic no #31 and How to use database.php file of Codeigniter3 in Koolreport #1402

Closed Sowmya opened this topic on on Apr 22, 2020 - 5 comments

Sowmya commented on Apr 22, 2020

Dear KoolReport Team,

I am using Koolreport with Codeigniter3 I developed Reports. They all are working fine. I followed same as Forum Topic #31. But the issue with settings() method. In settings method I hotcodded Database configuration. For each and every Report I done like that. But it is not the correct way. I have already "database.php" file in Codeigniter3. Then again I have to give Database configuaration in settings method. How can I overcome this? Please provide some solution as early as possible, My project is ready to delivery. Only on this issue, we are waiting to deliver. Please reply as early as possible.

KoolReport commented on Apr 22, 2020

It is very simple actually, please follow this topic

How to create many reports sharing the same datasource settings.

Another way is to use koolreport\codeigniter package, you declare the Friendship inside report, KoolReport will get the database settings from codeigniter, please check out documentation.

Hope that helps

Sowmya commented on Apr 22, 2020

Thank You for your reply. I already used "use \koolreport\codeigniter\Friendship;" Now I changed my "src" name as My "Database name". But it gave me the error as "Datasource" not found. I implemented my reports as "Multiple Data Filters" in KoolReport Examples

KoolReport commented on Apr 23, 2020

Please use your connection name inside src()

Sowmya commented on Apr 23, 2020

Ya, I got. Thank you, So much...

KoolReport commented on Apr 23, 2020

Great!

Build Your Excellent Data Report

Let KoolReport help you to make great reports. It's free & open-source released under MIT license.

Download KoolReport View demo
solved

None